RW Rwanda > western province > KOPAKAKI-Dutegure

KOPAKAKI-Dutegure

This co-op grows 80 percent of its coffee in the Kivu Belt of Karongi District, intercropped with shade trees. The remaining 20 percent of its coffee trees are cultivated high in the hills, where most of the soil is volcanic to create a unique cup profile. KOPAKAKI-Dutegure started in 2005, and in 2007 invested in a wet mill The processing production has grown from 71 tons in 2007 to 1,000 tons today. The organization seeks to make coffee farming a gender-equal business by encouraging the participation of women throughout the chain. This coffee is Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance certified.


  • Karongi district ,Rubengera sector

  • Average altitude : 1,700 meters

  • Total members : 1184 members

  • Women members : 705

  • Certifications Obtained : Fair Trade, Rain Forest Alliance

  • Certifications in Process : -

  • Certifications Obtained : Fair Trade, Rain Forest Alliance


  • Projection of Green Coffee: 150 Tones


  • Contact information :
    Bahati Thierry/Phone: +250 78880213/Mail: kopakakidutegure@gmail.com